[Air-l] small i and MSW

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 20 16:19:38 PST 2005

Re the small-i internet discussion, has anyone figured out how to beat the
MS Word problem. Every time I type in "internet" instead of "Internet" and
I have my grammar checker on, I get the cursed green-underline. I cannot,
even using auto-correct and updating my spell checker, get it to stop
nagging me to capitalize the "I". This is Word 2002, which I think is aka
Word XP.

Any fixes for this? I don't want to force it to always small "i", as
American Sociological style for books would be to capitalize the first
letter of all major words.

 Barry