[Air-l] development of social codes around a technology

Chheng Hong cho5 at buffalo.edu
Thu Jan 27 13:46:35 PST 2005

Hi,

Here are two references I have read so far. Hope it is useful to you.

Martin, M. (1991). Chapter 6: The culture of telephone. In "/Hello,
Central? Gender, technology and culture in the formation of telephone
systems/" (pp. 140-166): McGill-Queen's University Press.

Fisher, C. S. (1992). Chapter 3: Educating the public. In /"America
calling: a social history of the telephone to 1940"/ (pp. 60-85):
University of California Press.

Sincerely,
Chheng Hong Ho

-------