[Air-l] Web font sizes

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Sun Jan 30 06:31:34 PST 2005

a more likely explanation to me for most of the web isn't that the web
designer is 'print' oriented, but that they are hobbyists and really
don't understand the full implications of design decisions or they are
css or html geeks who like to play with the wizbang aspects of
css/html, on the basis that it will work say 70% of the time.
however, perhaps in the field of professional web designers there is
still a print culture.  I seem to recall that actually there was a
study on this in the late 90's, though that was a different world.