[Air-l] Disadvantage of the Internet

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 20:28:20 PST 2005

I was just talking to someone about this book.  It's a
bit apocalyptic and her case study is her own teaching
(ouch) but it may be of interest as she is quite
definite about the effect of the internet on teaching.
(She doesn't think much of powerpoint either).

DIGITAL HEMLOCK: INTERNET EDUCATION AND THE POISONING
OF TEACHING
TARA BRABAZON ,
086840781X, UNSW PRESS, October 2002, 240pp, PB ,
235x155mm

I'll see what else I can dig up. There's quite a lot
in the area of education but I think that's not what
you're after.  I personally think surfing the Net
could promote attention deficit disorder in adults but
I don't know if that's backed up in the Psych lit.

Cheers, Denise

=====
Denise N. Rall, PhD candidate, School of Environ. Science,
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 - Mobile 0438 233 344
Sustainable Forestry Mentoring Coordinator & Internet Researcher
Presented! 2004 Conf. Association of Internet Researchers: www.aoir.org
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/index.html