[Air-l] Teen and College Bloggers

Denise Bortree dbortree at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 20 14:26:22 PST 2005

Ericka,

The topic is an interest of mine as well. Here are a few suggestions.

Stern, S.R. (1999). Adolescent girls’ expression on web home pages:
Spirited, somber, and self-conscious sites. Convergence, 5, 22-41.

Merchant, G. (2001). Teenagers in cyberspace: An investigation of language
use and language change in Internet chatrooms, Journal of Research in
Reading, (24) 3, 293-306.

Also, I have an article coming out in the next issues of the journal ECI
(Education, Communication and Information). The article is titled
"Presentation of self on the Web: an ethnographic study of teenage girls'
weblogs." It was originally a paper that I presented at AEJMC. I can forward
a copy of the paper to you if you'd like.

Lois Ann Scheidt's website has a wonderful bibliography of blog articles and
papers
http://www.professional-lurker.com/linked/static/Weblog_and_Blog_Bibliograph
y.pdf.

Good luck.