[Air-l] AoIR 6.0 Chicago 2005 Registration is now open

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Wed Jul 6 07:09:14 PDT 2005

Online registration is now open for the sixth annual conference of the
Association of Internet Researchers to be held in Chicago October 6 -
9, 2005 (with pre-conference workshops held on October 5, 2005) at the
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile hotel.

To register for the conference and workshops go to:

https://www.conted.vt.edu/ssl/aoir/index.lasso

You will be able to pay the registration fees by credit card or by
check.

You can also at this time register for the conference banquet (taking
place on Friday, October 7, at the Mid-America Club, on the 80th (top)
floor of the Aon Center, Chicago's second tallest building, and the
conference brunch (taking place on Sunday, October 9). [Vegetarian
options will be available at both meals.]

You may also register for a historical tour of Chicago's "L" elevated
train (taking place on Saturday morning, October 8). Join others in an
AoIR-only L car for a tour of some of the L system's oldest routes with
the Chicago Transit Authority's historian.

A link to online hotel registration is provided on the site after you
have clicked the "submit" button and sent in your registration. We have
negotiated the best possible rate from the hotel and encourage you to
book a room early. As is the case with most all hotel-based conferences
we have to meet the minimum occupancy with which we are able to use the
hotel's meeting rooms and if we do not meet that occupancy rate then
we'll have to increase the registration fees, to cover the additional
meeting room cost.

I appreciate everyone's support of the conference and of AoIR and look
forward to seeing you in Chicago in October!

Sj