[Air-l] Internet and fun/joy/pleasure (a follow-up)

Terri He tch500 at york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 02:09:17 PDT 2005

Hi

I've received quite a few responses from people on this list and I want
to thank you all for that. Having read some of the messages and reread
what I have posted yesterday, I guess I want to clarify a bit in regard
to the fact that I am looking at the intersection of sexuality and
technology. To be more precise, I am working on an online community
participated by LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) people. I
reckon that pron industry, hedonism and topics as such are very
intriguing and important as cyberspace and sexuality almost always are
closely connected in one way or the other. But when I relate
fun/joy/pleasure with the Internet, I was really thinking about the kind
of fun we get from exchanges on message boards, or joy and pleasure from
online games. And of course, in these areas, sexuality can certainly
play an important role. Sorry I wasn't clear enough in the previous
post. But i guess when you has worked on somehting for some time, you
easily forget about the obvious.

Thanks again,
Terri