[Air-l] (no subject)

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 18 00:16:15 PDT 2005

I wonder if any security people have some tips for internet harassment
for adults. Especially concerning ex-partners. I might be making a tip
sheet and would like some resources to go by. I have some ideas but
haven't written anything down yet. The people I am doing this for have
done some searches on law enforcement pages and our own RCMP have at
various times offered internet safety tips at their web site. I know
the FBI also offer this. I wonder if any one has found anything
specifically on this "partner assault and Internet safety tips"

I just found this site on goggle

http://www.owjn.org/concern.htm

rather than just point out resources does anyone do research in this
area? I am trying to hook up with an National(Canada) Research council
member who does Information security in terms of computer science and
find some legal studies research project for graduate school that might
show the implications of this hard security research in terms of its
legal-social affects.

I was going to present a paper on the harms of hacking in Chicago but
our panel did not get accepted. My paper is not all that great in terms
of dealing with the question of the harms of hacking but you can read
it for hacking cases anyways if you have time or inclination.

Computer crime: is hacking really that bad? An exploration of the cases
and laws concerning unauthorised access to computers.

it is here. http://www3.sympatico.ca/ptimusk/LAWS4908.html

Peter Timusk, B.Math, just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.