[Air-l] Anyone know of published, qualitative studies of trust on e-bay?

Ronald Rice rrice at comm.ucsb.edu
Mon Jul 25 14:31:07 PDT 2005

I know that there are large-scale, economic analysis of e-bay usage, as it's
a great example of an information-based market economy.
But someone asked me if there were any user studies of e-bay, specifically
about issues of trust, rating credibility, etc.
I said, if anyone knows about this stuff, it would be AoIR folks.
See you at AoIR in Chicago!
Thanks!
Ronald E. Rice
Arthur N. Rupe Endowed Professor
Co-Director, Center for Film, Television and New Media
President-Elect of the International Communication Association
Dept. of  Communication, 4840 Ellison Hall
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4020
Ph: 805-893-8696; Fax: 805-893-7102
rrice at comm.ucsb.edu