[Air-l] New Laptop Borne Disease Discovered

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 13 18:07:12 PDT 2005

Judging by my own experience, an epidemic may be sweeping the northern
world now in hot weather.

Etiology:
1. Really hot weather > short shorts.
2. Laptop compuer (in my case a year 2000 HP Omnibook 500).
3. Tour de France > to using the laptop as a laptop so I can watch at the
same time.
4. Paper deadline which leads me to press on and focus.

Symptoms:
1. A non-trivial burn on my thighs.
2. Still feel it 24 hours later.
3. Medicine: copy of Comm of the ACM inserted between the laptop
and my thighs.
4. Side-effects. None. CommACM did not get scorched.

 Barry