[Air-l] Air-l-aoir.org Digest, Vol 12, Issue 8 > shock, fear ...

Ludmil Duridanov duridanov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 14:31:10 PDT 2005

Dear Mr. Khillis, a colleague of mine is exploring in her MA Diss. the
problem "fear" in movies (sequencies). If German is one of your preferred
languages to read, I can look for her eMail-address and tel.
All the things written by the Frankfurt School people are "pragmatically"
developped theoretical prospects from prevoius writings 19./20. c. Their
only advantage is a "communicative" orientation, so they offer an
"interface" to the different levels of media and business management today.
But if you grab deeper you'll discover much more "Basics" in Simmels or
Kirkegaards, Jaspers writings and of other guys with an own way/style of
thinking. If you want to explore shock and fear as phenomena you have also
to look at the philosophical expertise of Kirkegaard and the sociological
one of Durkheim. Durkheim has even written a monograph on self suicide.
1990 I exposed critically different points of "communication philosophy"
under the aspect "How much should we go further in the develepment of
"digital experience" (the only problem is, the monograph is written in
Bulgarian, but I am about to go further in my communication "philosophy"
writing a small article till the end of this).
So I would be very interested to exchange some expertise looking for a
dialogue with someone "digitally" immersed in his everyday experience.
 Best regards
Ludmil

--
Dr. Ludmil Duridanov