[Air-l] Young Islamists, ICTs & participation

Gustavo Mesch gustavo at soc.haifa.ac.il
Mon Jul 25 01:22:55 PDT 2005

A number of references that I came across lately may be of help
Wheeler, Debora. 2001. The Internet and Yoaauth Subculture in Kuwait.
Journal of Computer Mediated Communication 8(2).

Rinnawi, Khalil. The Internet and the Arab World as a Virtual public
Sphere.
http://burdacenter.bgu.ac.il/publication/finalReports2001-2001/Rinnawi.pdf

Brouwer, Lenie. 2004. Dutch Muslims on the Internet: A New Discussion
Platform. Journal of Muslim Affairs, 24, 1, 47-55

Bunt, G. Virtually Islamic: Computer Mediated Commmunication and Cyber
Islamic Environments. Cardiff: University of Wales Press.

best regards

Gustavo Mesch, Academic visitor
Oxford Internet Institute
Senior Lecturer, Department of Sociology
U of Haifa, Israel