[Air-l] ?Assessing critical reflection in an online forum discourse?

kate.pavlidou at netceptions.net kate.pavlidou at netceptions.net
Fri Jun 3 08:02:30 PDT 2005

Rachel

thank you very much for replying to my aking for help! I'll look into it
straight away.

Jeremy

This is a good question and I hope you can help me clarify this,
since the terms reflection, critical thinking etc are used quite loosely
in literature I think. To be honest I am not quite sure if critical
reflection and critical thinking are 100% of equivalent meaning.....and I
am saying that

thinking about
1) Schon’s conception of the reflective practitioner (where he draws
attention to the difference between thinking and acting), and also 2) in
Richards (1990), who defines critical reflection as
a response to a past
experience
.as a basis for evaluation and decision-making and as a source
for planning and action’

would it be right to say then that when one demonstrates critical thinking
skills, does he/she necessary act (critical reflection)as well as a result
of this kind of thinking?

What's your opinion on that?

Kate