[Air-l] SW to store webpages

Thomas Koenig T.Koenig at lboro.ac.uk
Sun Jun 5 18:17:08 PDT 2005

Jeremy Hunsinger wrote:

>> This feature seems to only be available on Macs!
>

> most features are only available on macs or unix-based systems...

I doubt it. Especially, since MS tends to redefine bugs as "features."
;-) But apart from bugs, there is, of course, much more software
available for Win than for any other OS.

> .   kindly leave your exclamation marks at home.

IE is a product of MS, and MS's OS is Windows. So, I would expect IE to
have the same or even more features in its native environment than in
its Mac-Version. That seems to be a straightforward expectation. Since I
am therefore astonished, that IE for Mac carries a possibly useful
feature IE for Win doesn't offer, I translate my astonishment into an
exclamation mark. Why not? ASCII anyways has limited expressive
possibilities, as millions of unnecessary flame wars testify. So, why
restrict the available code even further?

I'm aware that you might have interpreted the exclamation mark possibly
differently (How?), and, indeed, I also used it as a caution for Windows
users, who, I suspect, are the overwhelming majority on this list.
Again: What's wrong with that use?

--
thomas koenig, ph.d.
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/research/mmethods/staff/thomas/