[Air-l] Privacy and Anonymity with ICTs in Latin America?

Craig Scott crscott at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 14 14:04:42 PDT 2005

Can anyone point me toward work addressing privacy/surveillance and/or
anonymity issues as they relate to information & communication technology
use specifically in Latin America?  I'm most interested in workplace and
organizational uses of new media where tensions between privacy and
surveillance or between anonymity and identifiability might emerge, but
anything that provides a perspective on these issues beyond my very
U.S.-based knowledge of these topics would be greatly appreciated.

Please email me off-list, and then I'll gladly post a summary back to this
list for others who might be interested.  Thanks.
--Craig

Craig R. Scott, Associate Professor
Department of Communication Studies
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712
Email to: mailto:crscott at mail.utexas.edu
(voice) 512-471-6561  (fax) 512-471-3504
www.utexas.edu/coc/cms/faculty/scott