[Air-l] AoIR Elections: Voting commencing soon

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Thu Jun 30 05:12:12 PDT 2005

a month is a long time, but it is summer in the northern hemisphere
and many people are away.  this gives them time to maybe check their
email while they are away, and decide to vote.   besides, short times
to vote are exclusionary.  a month is accommodating.  it also gives
time for people like me ample opportunity to pursue the entertainment
value of  encouraging people to vote.  it really is great fun.
On Jun 29, 2005, at 8:57 PM, elijah wright wrote:

> A month is a really long time, even for an bleedin'-edge
> international research organization.
>
> Maybe the exec should consider discussion of tightening up the
> voting process a bit in the next year?
>
> suggestions abound,
>
> --elijah

Jeremy Hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Associatiion of Internet Researchers