[Air-l] digital divide in use - more suggestions?

Sherida Ryan sherida at openflows.org
Sun Jun 5 05:54:39 PDT 2005

In terms of digital literacy as an element of digital divide in use, I
would suggest looking at:

Burbules, N., & Callister, T. A. (2000). Watch IT: The risks and promises
of information technologies for education.Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
particularly Chapter 2
Burbules, N. (2001). Paradoxes of the web: The ethical dimensions of
credibility. Library Trends, 49(3), 441-453.

and

Warnick, B. (2002). Critical literacy in a digital era:Technology,
rhetoric, and the public interest. Mahwah, N.J: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
Warnick, B. (2004). Online ethos: Source credibility in an "authorless"
environment. American Behavioral Scientist, 48(2), 256-265.

Hope this helps,
Sherida Ryan

Doctoral Fellow
Adult Education