[Air-l] not the new word

Ed Lamoureux ell at bradley.edu
Sat Mar 19 08:27:47 PST 2005

I don't have one for "it."
but I would like to note something that many of you know . . . just as
a reminder.

Many of my (former and present) colleagues in Departments of
Communication have taken to referring to their Radio/Video/Television
areas as "electronic media."

Just as their work often overlaps with computationally based digitally
enhanced production (new media); the name "electronic media" also
overlaps. Yet, I suspect that inside 5 years, Communication
Department-based academics in America will, for the most part, sub the
term electronic media for "radio/television" fairly broadly.

So that one's probably not a good one for computer stuff.

Edward Lee Lamoureux, Ph. D.
Director, Multimedia Program and New Media Center
Associate Professor, Speech Communication
1501 W. Bradley
Bradley University
Peoria IL  61625
309-677-2378