[Air-l] Re: we need a new word?

joan carol urquhart jcu at execulink.com
Sat Mar 19 11:30:22 PST 2005

on-line media...om

on-line communication media...ocm

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bram Dov Abramson"
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:10 PM
Subject: [Air-l] Re: we need a new word?

12:20, 19.3.2005):
>And I found myself saying -- and my PPTs reading -- "Internet" --
>but then verbally qualifying by saying, "well I really don't mean the
>traditional email Internet, but also IM, chat, lists, video, etc."
>(add your favoriteincluding Usenet and BBS).
>
>What to call it?

I usually use:

- "Internet applications", for those things that specifically require
the Internet.  (Most of the ones you listed.)

- "media applications", as the more general class of things that may but
don't always need the Internet -- even if they increasingly do.  (Like
mobile media applications.)

cheers
Bram