[Air-l] Microsoft Word Spelling and Grammar Check Demonstration

Sandeep Krishnamurthy sandeep at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 21 07:06:06 PST 2005

Microsoft Word Spelling and Grammar Check Demonstration
Sandeep Krishnamurthy
sandeep at u.washington.edu
http://faculty.washington.edu/sandeep
http://sandeepworld.blogspot.com

Too often, our students feel that running the “Spelling and Grammar check” feature on Microsoft Word is sufficient to ensure good writing.  The paragraph shown below is designed to pass these checks.  You can judge the quality of writing for yourself!

---------------------------Demonstration Paragraph Begins-----------------------
Marketing are bad for brand.  McDonalds is good brand.  McDonaldÂ’s is good brand.  McDonaldÂ’s are good brand.  McDonaldsÂ’ are good brand.  Finance good for marketing.  4PÂ’s are marketing mix.  I use marketing mixes for good marketing.  Internets do good job.  Internets help marketing.  Internets make good brand.  Gates do good marketing in Microsoft. Gates build the big brand in Microsoft.  The Gates is leader of big company in Washington.  Warren buffet do awesome job in marketing.  Buffet eat buffet.

[I used Microsoft Word 2002 SP3 to run the Spelling and Grammar check.  Please try it on your computer and tell me what happens.  I would love to hear from WordPerfect and OpenOffice users as well.]