[Air-l] IPSI conferences, journals etc

Debbie d.herring at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 04:32:02 PST 2005

Hi,

I keep getting mailings about IPSI conferences and journals, and
I'm just a bit dubious about the organisation.   It seems to be
essentially a private company which makes its income out of running
quite expensive conferences and publishing journals which contributors
pay to be included in.   They seem to have quite a scatter-gun approach
to CFPs - I suspect they get email addresses from selected www pages
rather than any professional or academic source.
http://www.internetconferences.net/
>From what I've seen, they do seem to me to be the academic equivalent
of vanity publishing.   Does anybody have any experience of either their
conferences or their journals, or comments on just how seriously I should
take them?

Thanks

Debbie Herring

--