[Air-l] digidivide confusion > search engines

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sun Mar 27 11:50:33 PST 2005

The search for the originator of the term "digital divide" suggests two
things for me.

1. [Humorous]: some people think a term is invented the first time they
ever heard of it.

2. [Serious]: we'd get a lot better evidence on this if we could sort
search engine results in chronological order. Page rank ain't the only
game in town.

 Barry