[Air-l] Academic journals / periodicals on ICTs, Development, Society et al

Laurent Straskraba laurent at straskraba.net
Mon Mar 21 04:31:12 PST 2005

Hi Prashant,

could you please specify a bit more what you're looking for. Or are you
setting up some library stock?

They range from technology to society to culture to economy to people with
special needs to gender to education to policy to privacy to ethics to
inter-relations with other issues, and so forth.

One of my favorite readings at the moment is i4d which contains articles
about ICT4Dev in (South) Asia:
http://www.i4donline.net/

An essential publication:
Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries (EJISDC)
http://www.ejisdc.org/

Furthermore:

Digital Review of Asia-Pacific
http://www.digital-review.org/

IT & Society
http://www.stanford.edu/group/siqss/itandsociety/

Information Technologies and International Development
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?sid=E9934C52-BE5C-4669-A2DF-A32E75ABBE6A&ttype=4&tid=59

Information Technology for Development
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/109863476

The Information Society
http://www.indiana.edu/~tisj/

e-zines by category
http://www.comminit.com/e-zines.html

Hope this helps,

Laurent

At 12:46 21.03.2005, you wrote:
>Dear friends and colleagues,
>
>I would deeply appreciate it if any of you could send me details of good
>academic journals / periodicals which have a direct relevance to ICTs in
>Development, ICTs and Sociology, Internet and Society etc.
>
>With many thanks,
>
>Prashant

>Prashant Sharma
>Deputy Executive Secretary
>Mountain Forum Secretariat
>c/o ICIMOD
>GPO Box 3226
>Kathmandu
>Nepal
>
>Ph:     (+977-1) 5525313
>Fax:    (+977-1) 5524509
>Web:    http://www.mtnforum.org
>Email:  prashant at mtnforum.org
>
>Join the Association of Internet Researchers: http://www.aoir.org/

---
Mag. Laurent Straskraba
Information Society Researcher

post: Ontlstrasse 3, A - 4040 Linz, Austria / Europe
mobile: +43.650.7711861 (GMT +1)
e-mail: laurent at straskraba.net
web: http://www.straskraba.net
---