[Air-l] Microsoft Word Spelling and Grammar Check- correct version.

Andrew Wenn andrew.wenn at vu.edu.au
Mon Mar 21 14:37:00 PST 2005

Hi Sandeep,

I used Grammarian, with the grammar set at "common", it picked up
numerous grammar errors. Some correct but more often than not it made
bad suggestions about what was wrong. for example for the first
sentence it suggested "Marketing is bad for brand" When I added
McDonalds to the dictionary it accepted the second sentence. It then
decided that McDonald's was incorrect which of course it might be as
McDonald can be a surname. But I personally liked the change it
suggested to "Internets make good brand" it detected the missing
article and suggested "Internets make the (alt a) good brand"

It just serves to illustrate how complex the English language is. I
used the Australia English dictionary that comes with Grammarian

Andrew.