[Air-l] A new web annotation tool

Scott A. Golder golder at media.mit.edu
Thu Mar 17 14:11:24 PST 2005

Hi, AIRfans.  I've just finished building a new tool for discussing news
articles in which users annotate directly on the articles' web pages.
I'm looking for people who might enjoy using it to try it out.

It's called Webbed Footnotes.  While of course web annotation is a
pretty well-trod space, my goal is twofold: first, I designed it with
the goal of making even a heavily-annotated page remain legible.
Secondly, the "approval" system I've implemented is designed to promote
more useful/interesting content.  There's more about this on the
project's webpage.

The URL is: http://web.media.mit.edu/~golder/projects/webbedfootnotes

If you, or your students, colleagues or friends enjoy current events
discussion online, please share this with them.  I would appreciate it,
and hopefully those who use it will find it useful and enjoyable.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott A. Golder