[Air-l] we need a new word? tele - learning vs e - learning?

Cristian Berrio cristianberrioz at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 04:56:35 PST 2005

Can please someone help me to state the diferences between these two
concepts (if existant)?

For me Telelearning (taken from the Spanish "Tele educación" so maybe there
is another better word in English) are the different ICT tools and contents
that once impact society create a dynamic called "e-learning", the social
state of virtual ICT4LEARNING tools produccing a new kind of knowledge
transmission, creation, storage and retrieveing routines in society.

If I am correct then, what are the basic productive routines of
Tele-education ICT processes so one can generally create a conceptual flow
diagram of activities nessesary to create, the basic sequences of resourses,
tools, and processes to reach an e-learning state?

I am trying to draw a map about this to help some people understanding the
technical minimumns required.

Thanks for your comments

Cristian Berrío Zapata
Universidad Javeriana