[Air-l] Annotation webtools

Eilean Fairholme E.Fairholme at curtin.edu.au
Thu Mar 31 20:15:47 PST 2005

Yesterday's mail regarding the History Flow Visualisation tool has prompted
me to ask list members for any updates they might be able to provide to this
list of Web Annotation Technologies (Garfunkel, 1999):

CritLink
Web4Groups
ThirdVoice
RichLink
Annotated XML
YAWAS
PageSeeder
IPP
Slashdot
ComMentor

Then of course there is D3E (http://d3e.sourceforge.net/), and also Webbed
Footnotes, recently featured on this list
(http://web.media.mit.edu/~golder/projects/webbedfootnotes/).

I am interested in any additions/deletions, experience in use etc., and
suggest offlist responses which I will collate for the list later.  N.B. I
have not included Wikis at this stage, as I think they deserve to be a
separate topic.  Also, collaborative authoring tools are not part of this
request, although I am interested in hearing of any experience, again
offlist.

Eilean Fairholme
Ph.D. Student
Curtin University of Technology