[Air-l] Re: Inventor of the term "Digital Divide"?

M. Deanya Lattimore mdlattim at syr.edu
Sat Mar 26 12:35:25 PST 2005

Hi Laurent!
> Anyone got an idea who was the original inventor of the term "Digital
> Divide"?

Access Denied at
http://www1.soc.american.edu/students/ij/co_3/digitaldivide/history.htm

says that the origins of the term remain "shrouded in mystery" and
suggests via Benjamin Companie's new book that Lloyd Morrisset might
have created it, but again, there is dispute.

As you point out, they report that Irving says that "I am certain I
stole the term, but I am not certain who I stole it from."

:-)
Deanya
http://www.deanya.com/