[Air-l] counting google hits

Ulla Bunz bunz at scils.rutgers.edu
Fri Mar 4 07:11:34 PST 2005

I've been reading about google hits and checking spelling and students using
google for research (which I find somewhat troublesome), and I'd like to
recommend EPIC to you. Check it out here: http://www.robinsloan.com/epic/
EPIC is essentially an 8 minute movie (it takes a long time to load on
dial-up) about the future of our information media. For example, it projects
the merging of google and amazon and the consequences this will have for
"personalization" of information. If you are concerned at all about critical
thinking and evaluation of online information sources, I recommend this
highly. Make sure you watch the whole thing and then share it with your more
advanced students.
Ulla

Ulla Bunz
Assistant Professor