[Air-l] New AoIR Website

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Thu Mar 10 08:55:30 PST 2005

AoIR is excited to announce the launch of our new website. As a
member of AoIR, you will be able to:

	- access papers from AoIR conferences
	- view and access the members only area, and members benefits
	- create forums and post announcements
	- build collaborative community resources
	- maintain a blog
	- post and view job and conference announcements
	- post events to the communal event calendar
	- and other interesting features.

Our hope is that the new system will provide a platform for our
members to become more involved in creating online spaces and
resources that benefit internet researchers. The site is designed so
that members can take the initiative and build resources on their
own. We will be adding and modifying content in the site as it
develops and invite you to join us in creating the kinds of content
you want to see.

The new system is based on open-source drupal software. For
information about how this works, visit the drupal handbook at
http://drupal.org/node/6261.

*** If you are already a member you will need to create a new account ***

To do this, go to the http://www.aoir.org/?q=user/register user
registration page. Give us a few days to double check that you're
really a member, and then we'll send your login information. We will
try to keep turnaround on this brief.

If you are not currently a member, you will need to join aoir before
you can use the full features of this site. Membership in AoIR
includes other benefits including sizeable discounts on journal
subscriptions and book purchases and a discounted registration fee
for AoIR conferences. The URL to click to become a paying member of
AoIR is in the signature file of every email on air-l.

I want to thank everyone who has done so much work over the last few
months to get this together including, among others, Jeremy
Hunsinger, Ulla Bunz, and Charlie Breindahl.

Have fun, explore the site, think about resources you want to build,
and if you have questions or need assistance, please contact
suggestions at aoir.org

--
Nancy Baym 	http://www.ku.edu/home/nbaym
Communication Studies, University of Kansas