[Air-l] IJCLP - Issue 9, Part II

Rotenberg, Boris Boris.Rotenberg at IUE.it
Mon Mar 21 11:03:26 PST 2005

Issue 9, Part II - Special Issue on Cybercrime - 2004-2005

The International Journal of Communications Law & Policy and the Yale Journal of Law & Technology are now happy to present Part II of Issue 9 on Cybercrime. The selection committee has reviewed and considered a series of papers submitted for the first ISP/YJoLT writing competition and call for papers, as well as for the conference on Cybercrime and Digital Law enforcement (entitled "Digital Cops in virtual environment"), Yale Law School, 26-28 March 2004.

In part II, we are delighted to have papers by Susan Brenner, NCR Distinguished Professor of Law & Technology, University of Dayton School of Law; Jennifer Granick, Center for Internet and Society Stanford, California; Sonia K. Katyal, Associate Professor, Fordham University School of Law; K. A. Taipale, Center for Advanced Studies in Science and Technology Policy; James F. McLaughlin,  New Hampshire Police Department; Jason M. Young, LL.M. University of Ottawa.

WRITING COMPETITION AND CALL FOR PAPERS 2005

We are also proud to announce the winner and runners-up of the ISP /YJoLT / IJCLP writing competition.  The authors of these papers will be invited to present their work at a panel during the the Yale Law School “Global flow information” conference. The winner receives coverage of his travel to and accommodations at Yale University for the conference. Their articles will be included in special Fall 2005 volumes of the two journals, devoted to the conference topic.

Winner: “Law as a Network Standard” by Dan  L. Burk;

Runners-up: (1) “Technology and Authority in Times of Transformation”, by Zack Kertcher and Ainat N. Margalit; & (2) “Piracy or Community? The Clash of Freedom of __Expression and Copyright in the Case of Peer-to-Peer File-Sharing of Digital Music in the United Kingdom” by Robert J. Danay.

Congratulations to the winner and the runners- up and we would like to again thank all the other competition participants for their submissions.  We are still considering many of those articles for publication, and the authors can expect to be updated soon as to that process. All participants are most welcome to attend the conference on April 1st-3rd 2005.

For more information, please consult: http://islandia.law.yale.edu/isp/GlobalFlow/