[Air-l] *Call for Art Works, Statements: Art, Culture and Technology*

Fatima Lasay digiteer at ispx.com.ph
Mon Mar 21 20:49:59 PST 2005

Dear friends on AIR-L,

We have another call below, related to the earlier call for the Women in
Action magazine. Please feel free to share with your networks!

Thanks and regards,
Fatima

===
Apologies for cross-posting.

This is an additional call for artworks to accompany
the call for papers announced last week.

If you did not receive the call for papers and are interested
to learn more or contribute an article on the theme
CULTURAL DIVERSITY, please drop me a line at
libay at isiswomen dot org.

For other inquiries, please feel free to email me.
Thank you.

Regards,

Libay Linsangan Cantor
Media Info-Comm Campaigns Associate
("we!" news/ WIA CD issue co-ordinator)
Isis International Manila
http://www.isiswomen.org <http://www.isiswomen.org/>
<libay at isiswomen.org>

*Call for Art Works, Statements: Art, Culture and Technology*
Women in Action (WIA) NO. 1-2005

Women in Action, a magazine published by Isis International-Manila,
covers a broad range of issues affecting women globally, with focus on
the particular needs and concerns of women in the Global South as well
as the problems of under-represented social groups in the Global North.
For its next issue (1, 2005), Women in Action will feature the theme
"Cultural Diversity."

As special feature of this issue of WIA, we are inviting submissions of
statements by women artists involved in but not limited to: computer
art, net art, software art, media art, installation, interactive and
sound art. We especially invite submissions that deal with the issues
and debates surrounding globalization, differences and conflict,
commodification of culture, migration and diaspora.

Please send the following information to libay at isiswomen.org -

Artist's Name:
Email:
Artist's Statement:
Title of Work:
Description of Work:
URL of Work:
Short biography (within 200 words):

Deadline for submissions is 04 April 2005.

Isis International-Manila
3 Marunong St., Barangay Central, Quezon City, Philippines 1100
Tel: +632 928-1956
Fax: +632 924-1065
Website: http://www.isiswomen.org/