[Air-l] RE: Air-l-aoir.org Digest, Vol 8, Issue 35

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Mon Mar 28 01:11:55 PST 2005

G'day !

Lee Jeng Hoon wrote:

> I am looking for some academic literature that analyzes blogging or
> bloggers.  As many claim, bloggers show significant social impacts.
> Especially, recent journalistic functions generate much concerns and
> interests.

Apologies in advance for the shameless self-promotion, but my forthcoming
book Gatewatching: Collaborative Online News Production covers the field of
news-related blogging in some detail. It's currently in proofreading, but
should be out on Peter Lang later this year (in time for the AoIR conference
in Chicago, I would hope :-). There's some preview information about the
book on my Website at http://snurb.info/index.php?q=node/28.

Also, my colleague Joanne Jacobs and I have just begun work on a book
project which will cover a broad range of current key uses for blogs. That
one should be out by 2006. Again, some preview information is up at
http://snurb.info/index.php?q=node/158.

--
Dr Axel Bruns                 a.bruns at qut.edu.au - http://snurb.info/
Media & Communication    Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove, Qld. 4059, Australia