[Air-l] Scholars Note 'Decay' of Citations to Online References

Ulla Bunz bunz at scils.rutgers.edu
Mon Mar 14 12:00:51 PST 2005

The link below will take you to an article debating the reliability of online
citations. The article mentions New Media & Society and quotes Steve Jones. I'm not
sure how long the article will be available for free... I think up to five days.
However, the main point (the URL's given in print journal publications are not very
reliable as websites are taken offline or content changes) is a very important one
and should be of interest to many of us. Any thoughts?
Ulla

http://chronicle.com/temp/email.php?id=sf7w3nb31u4v08963wmi6on26wwua6bq

  From the Chronicle

This article, "Scholars Note 'Decay' of Citations to Online
References," is available online at this address:

http://chronicle.com/temp/email.php?id=sf7w3nb31u4v08963wmi6on26wwua6bq

This article will be available to non-subscribers of The
Chronicle for up to five days after it is e-mailed.

The article is always available to Chronicle subscribers at this
address:

http://chronicle.com/daily/2005/03/2005031402n.htm