[Air-l] we need a new word?

Ellis Godard egodard at csun.edu
Sat Mar 19 14:38:26 PST 2005

Agreed. We don't need "a" new word, or a "new" word, or a singular word. We
should each pick different words, probably from among the many already
existing ones, depending on our interests and tasks. Words don't have
essential meanings, and meanings aren't constant. Language is fluid, and
contextual. Any of the suggestions thus far might suffice for particular
purposes, but not others.

-eg