[Air-l] OK Jeremy but...

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Tue Mar 22 05:12:45 PST 2005

On Mar 22, 2005, at 7:32 AM, Cristian Berrio wrote:

> I agree MS empire might be blinding us all against new tools that are
> much more useful. The next question for an ignorant like me is:
>
> 1. What browser would be most useful for example at academic use?
> Mozilla? Firefox? Can you pls give me some advise?

I use safari, firefox, and opera.  firefox is the one that will
probably give you the most similar experience to IE

> 2. The carpentry about how to disactivate MS explorer or even
> eliminate it is another cost. In my case I have the problem that for
> some reason (maybe my session of XP is not the administrator at the
> PC) I cannot see the explorer at administration tools. What to do
> then? (the real question is where to find the answers suitable for an
> ignorant like me)

I wouldn't advise removing it, my advice is to not use it for your web
browsing.

Jeremy Hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments