[Air-l] Ethnography vs. Ethnomethodology

Steffen Büffel bueffel at uni-trier.de
Thu Mar 31 00:20:43 PST 2005

Hi all!

Thanks for the very helpful replies I got to my original posting(s). BTW:
Sorry again for the multiple postings. Turned out that our server got
bambarded with spam the last couple of days. Instead of 200 000 - 300 000
mails per day it had to process over 800 000 emails (!!!) which slowed it
down quite a bit and gave users the impression that email were lost in the
virtual nowhere.

Anyway, the replies I got raised another question for me, namely: What is
the difference between ethnography and ethnomethodology? Of course I will go
and check in the recommended readings myself but I thought that maybe this
is an interessting issue for the list as well.

Cheers.
Steffen
wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
University of Trier - Media Studies