[Air-l] login/logon

Irene Berkowitz irene.berkowitz at temple.edu
Wed Mar 2 09:09:39 PST 2005

Hi Barry,

My practice is the ask whomever is the best copy editor around
that is dealing with print publications.  (i.e.,U of Toronto
Press, University Relations, etc.)  There are very standard
conventions that will be used by the print people, and they
are based on standard dictionaries or styles that are
considered "the standard" (at a point in time) particularly if
you are trying to publish something for print.

Of course, they will also advise you that it is a matter of
style and you are free to override the convention. But if it
doesn't matter to you, I go with their conventions and figure
they must have a secret society that figures this stuff out
and saves me a lot of time from making these kinds of decisions.

Of course, unless I am trying to avoid writing and this seems
like a diversion I can rationalize.

Take care,
IB