[Air-l] Microsoft Word Spelling and Grammar Check- correct version.

Ylva Hard af Segerstad ylva at ling.gu.se
Mon Mar 21 12:50:17 PST 2005

Hi all !

I tried the spelling check in Pages from Apple. Pages doesn't seem to
have grammar check, but it sweetly suggested "Mc Donnell's" instead of
"McDonalds"...

Incidently, the software has the following interesting choices for
English as a language to check: Australian English, British English,
Canadian English and English... Talk about bias!

Ylva H, speaker of Swedish and X English (or something)

Ylva Hard af Segerstad, Ph.D.
Dept. of Linguistics
Goteborg University
Box 200