[Air-l] Ethnography vs. Ethnomethodology

Katja Mruck mruck at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 31 04:57:57 PST 2005

Dear Steffen,

> Anyway, the replies I got raised another question for me, namely: What is
> the difference between ethnography and ethnomethodology? Of course I will go
> and check in the recommended readings myself but I thought that maybe this
> is an interessting issue for the list as well.

Good places to post such questions will probably be mailing lists,
dealing explicitly with qualitative methods (see
http://listserv.uga.edu/archives/qualrs-l.html for an English list,
for the German list). But it will make sense to check online resources
first, available for both -- ethnography & ethnomethodology -- because
there are important differences (you may use for example the archives at
http://listserv.uga.edu/archives/qualrs-l.html or the search option of
the online journal FQS at
http://www.qualitative-research.net/fqs/suche/index-e.htm for some first
ideas ...).

All my best,
Katja

--
FQS - Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung
/ Forum: Qualitative Social Research (ISSN 1438-5627)

Please sign the Budapest Open Access Initiative:
http://www.soros.org/openaccess/

Directory of Open Access Journals:
http://www.doaj.org/

Open Access News: