[Air-l] blogs and value

Marcelo Vieta vieta at yorku.ca
Mon May 2 08:49:47 PDT 2005

Hi, Tamara, Justine, et al.,

In my recently complete MA thesis, I also discuss the "imagined
audience" of bloggers from a phenomenological and social interactional
perspective: I believe this is crucial for understanding the motivation
of bloggers to publicize their unfolding thoughts, as well as being
critical for conceptualizing the "meaning" that bloggers give to the
lived, situated, social, and even political experiences of blogging.
While I've only got the abstract and table of contents online so far, I
could send you my thesis in a pdf format if you'd like:
http://www.sfu.ca/~mavieta/Current_Research/
MA_Thesis_Abstract_&_Contents.pdf .  I discuss the "intended audience"
of bloggers mostly in Chapter 4 but also do so in several other spots
throughout my thesis.

Marcelo A. Vieta, BA First Class Honours Communication, MA Communication
PhD Candidate in Social and Political Thought, York University
Research Interests :: The technological predicament and the self

p:: +1.416.940.0340 | e:: vieta at yorku.ca | w:: www.sfu.ca/~mavieta

"The body is our general medium for having a world.
...[O]ur senses question things...and things reply to them."
            ~Merleau-Ponty, _The Phenomenology of Perception_