[Air-l] Down to the Wire

Irina Shklovski irinas+ at cs.cmu.edu
Mon May 2 23:47:26 PDT 2005

Pew Internet suggests that broadband increases the frequency and range
of Internet use. Unfortunately, with an increase in range of use, it is
harder to say that simply using the technology has a particular impact.
People could fall into "user profiles" so that how they use the
technology could determine the effect they experience. There is little
research that deals with this issue that has been published to date, but
  there is some and, I suppose (hope), a lot more is in the works.

United States has been behind South Korea in deploying broadband for
several years though. Why is falling behind Japan a bigger deal?

Irina