[Air-l] new media theory + social software

Kathy Mancuso kmancuso at gmail.com
Fri May 13 13:07:04 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I don't want to say too much because I'm still trying to figure out
what I'm thinking about, but does anyone know if anything has been
done connecting the new media as art/visual product literature (here I
am thinking Manovich on montage, Landow on hypertext, interface design
theory) with current research on social software (danah boyd, Clay
Shirky, the CoP crowd, et al)?  So the visual aspects of social
software.  I am not thinking here so much of network mapping
applications, of which there are plenty.

Thanks,
Kathy Mancuso