[Air-l] transdisciplinarity

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Mon May 16 03:56:04 PDT 2005

Yay (I havent caught up with Barry's post and the thread yet - so I
am responding specifically in relation to Michelle and Paula  and
there reading of the thread).

its about who gets to define research in what socio-political configurations.

Disciplinarity is always negotiated - and arguments emphasizing it as
"superior" (rather than discuss the practicality or often economic
necessity of engaging in knowledge-building and dissemination through
formation of "disciplines") to other forms of negotiations shows a
value judgement that is more about turf battles (for whatever
socio-economic, political  reasons) than about the integrity of the
research at hand.