[Air-l] british boycott over

Ellis Godard egodard at csun.edu
Fri May 27 10:52:15 PDT 2005

For various reasons discussed off-list, and in light of the AUT's
reversal, I concur.

Although I don't concur that opposing the blacklist would have been a
political act, I am very glad to have the assurances and clarification
that the AOIR will not take political or even activist stands. I am
bothered by other organizations, notably the American Sociological
Association, having taken explicitly political stands, even in violation
of that organization's own code of ethics. I am honored to be part of a
group whose mission is steadfast and whose zeal is decidedly topical.

Regards,
Ellis