[Air-l] the developed world's torture

Zilia C. Estrada zestrada at gmail.com
Sun May 29 14:39:59 PDT 2005

Hi,

Don't have a specific response to your question. Do you know Manuel
Castells' work on THE RISE OF THE INFORMATION AGE? It was written a
few years back but has many resources on uses of IT "for" and
"against" human freedoms and expression. If there has been an increase
in inhumanity (which I don't know), it would be important to also look
at the ways in which there has been an increase in possibilities for
humane outreach and activism of all sorts (from mobilizing of
resources for those who have been through extreme natural disasters to
charitable outlets that are available online). So, part of the
question I would ask is not only has there been an increase in
inhumanity, but how does the whole picture balance out when viewed in
relation to inhumane and humane activities.

Best,

Zilia