[Air-l] IR 6.0 Student Paper Competition

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Mon May 9 10:39:25 PDT 2005

I've had a number of questions about this competition and thought it best
to address them generally. Here are some of the rules:

The competition is open to GRADUATE students -- sorry, not open to
undergraduates.

Paper must have been ACCEPTED for presentation at the IR 6.0 conference.

Papers must be received by me, Caroline Haythornthwaite (haythorn at uiuc.edu)
by JUNE 1st, 2005. (Note, due to many other items to be scheduled around
reviewing these papers, do not expect this deadline to be extended.)

Papers should be around 5000 words. (Excessively long papers will not be
considered.)

---
NOTE: My preference is for papers in simple formats, i.e., single files
that are easily opened in Word. If you have a complicated construction of
files and graphics, it may be easier if you put that on a URL where I can
access it.  You can send a paper copy. If so, please allow time for the
paper to reach me by the June 1st deadline. Send to me at the address below.

Expect a confirmation of receipt of your paper. If you do not receive one
within a week, please email me asking if the paper was received, but do not
attach the file to that message.

/Caroline
Caroline Haythornthwaite (haythorn at uiuc.edu)
Associate Professor
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 501 East Daniel St., Champaign,
IL, 61820
phone: 217-244-7453	fax: 217-244-3302 www.lis.uiuc.edu/~haythorn