[Air-l] Research Participants Needed

Jiali Ye joujyyx at langate.gsu.edu
Tue Nov 15 10:06:27 PST 2005

Hello, all:

My name is Jiali Ye and I am a doctoral student in the Department of Communication at Georgia State University. As part of my dissertation research, I am conducting a survey on the maintenance of friendships developed on the Internet. To explore this issue, your help is requested. I would really appreciate it if you can  let your students know about this survey. Of course, if you are currently having a friendship (not romantic relationship) initiated and exclusively maintained online, you are welcome to participate in the study.

To participate in this study, simply go to http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwjou/esurvey/consentform.html
Your responses will be confidential. The survey will take about fifteen to twenty minutes.

After completing the survey, you can send an email to jye1 at gsu.edu with subject "participation" in order to receive information about the survey results when they become available.  Providing your e-mail is not required, but many people like to do this simply to learn about the results themselves.

Again, your help in this endeavor is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jiali Ye

Ph.D Candidate
Department of Communication