[Air-l] Internet adoption rates by country and age: data sources?

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 17:49:29 PST 2005

Dear Catherine -

I'm assuming you have already looked at Sonia
Livingstone's data from the UK? - which I know is more
qualitative and probably not too useful for your
purposes.  Also there's the OXIS survey from the
Oxford Internet Institute.
http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/research/?rq=oxis/index

PEW Internet in American Life project is the big US
project that I am sure you are already aware of.

In Australia I don't know of any surveys - if they
exist they would be cited in this book:

Goggin, G. (Ed.). 2004. Virtual Nation: The Internet
in Australia. Sydney: University of New South Wales
Press.
* Part two History
Where it began: Origins of the Internet in Australia
Roger Clarke
The Pegasus story: Getting Australia online Ian Peter
Net acceleration: The rise and rise of the Internet in
Australia Gerard Goggin
* Part three Use
@ home with the Internet: How families use the
Internet Lelia Green, Donell Holloway & Robyn Quin

Cheers, Denise

Denise N. Rall, Ph.D. submitted, School of Environ. Science,
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Tuesdays: Room T2.12, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 or Mobile 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/index.html
Virtual member, Cybermetrics Group, University of Wolverhampton, UK
http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/index.html