[Air-l] AoIR Conference 2006

Matthew Allen M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Thu Nov 24 01:06:35 PST 2005

Dear air-listers

I have just posted to the list, on behalf of the 2006 Program Chair Fay
Sudweeks, the call for papers for IR 7.0 - Internet Convergences, the
AoIR conference for 2006, to be held in Brisbane Australia (Fay has had
some email trouble in poasting to  the list).

I am pleased to announce also the Axel Bruns will be Conference Chair.

May I ask that you all utilise your own networks and contacts to promote
and distribute the call for papers widely?

May I also ask that you all consider submitting a paper or other
contribution to the conference and, in particular, that you work
collaboratively to propose, organise and present some panels at the
conference?

AoIR is strongly committed to the international aspects of the
association and, of course, the Internet itself. In holding the
conference in Australia - the first time it has been held in the
Asia-Pacific region - we are seeking to promote new membership, new
attendance, and new insights; at the same time, we would welcome
returning members and attendees who will sustain the conference's proud
traditions.

best wishes
Matt

Dr Matthew Allen
Associate Professor Internet Studies
Associate Dean Teaching and Learning, Humanities
Curtin University of Technology, CRICOS 00301J Australia
m.allen at curtin.edu.au
http://smi.curtin.edu.au/netstudies/allen.htm
+61 8 92663511 (v) +61 8 9266 3166 (f)
President, Association of Internet Researchers http://www.aoir.org